SBMT #02: Be Unique and Authentic
Look, we’re not going to sugarcoat it. There are a lot of businesses that sell what you sell or offer what you offer. If you want to compete in your industry, you’re going to need to know more than just your target audience, you’re going to have to stand out. Let’s talk authenticity.
Being authentic is probably just as, if not more, important than knowing your target audience. Showing your customers that you’re different from the rest of the competition is key to generating leads and sales. There are a few ways that you can relay your authenticity to your clientele:
1. Tell Stories – Use your platform to share personal or customer stories about your brand, product or service. Share your stories along with some engaging photos on your social media.
2. Stick to Your Values – Don’t follow trends if they don’t align with what you want you brand to represent. Stick to what you value and believe.
3. Be Transparent – Tell your customers what other businesses won’t. Being open and honest with your customers creates mutual respect.
4. Be Accountable – Don’t shift blame if you’re at fault about something, own up to what you did and make it right.
5. Be Responsive – Talk to your customers. Whether it’s in person or on social media, reply to your customers when appropriate and whenever possible.
If you would like to hear about more ways you can benefit your small business through marketing, reach out to us by phone or email to see how we can help your business grow successfully!